- Take Route 130 towards Pahoa – Continue on Pahoa Bypass Road
- At the stoplight (Pahoa Highschool on the corner) take a left onto Kapoho Road (Route 132) – Stay left at the split that is after Lava Tree State Park : Continue on Kapoho Road all the way down to the stop sign (4 corners)
- At the stop sign, take a right at Kapoho-Kalapana Road (Route 137)
- Continue on Kapoho-Kalapana Road past Ahalanui Park (Hot Ponds)
- First driveway on the right past a small shack is the driveway for the Winds (large metal gate) (If you reach Pohoiki you have gone too far)
- Follow the driveway; Camp will be on the right hand side.
Note: Verizon has very limited service at the property, and if you would like to sit and enjoy the camp in comfort please bring your own lawn chair (All we will have set up are picnic benches)